SORRENTO FERRY TERMINAL UPGRADE
The private development which is being undertaken by SeaRoad Ferries is required to meet various conditions under the planning permit, which one them is provide the Shire with a communication plan.
The development has been split into two Stages;
- Stage 1 – Sea Wall, and
- Stage 2 the drainage, road and building works.
From our understanding Stage 1 works have been completed by the developer, Stage 2 works will be more complicated and will have a great impact on the community. Prior to Stage 2 works commencing, the developer is required to undertake the following:
- A Construction and Environment Management Plan (CEMP) for this stage of the works and is to be approved and endorsed by Shire. Within the management plan we will require the following details:
- Proposed communications plan by the developer in providing information to local residents, community stakeholders, and visitors to the area
- Environmental control measures that will be in place during the works
- Traffic and Pedestrian controls that will in place during the works
- Contractor parking and requirements for occupation of council land
- Construction monitoring and supervision measures that will be in place, and that are to be held in conjunction with council’s representative during the works
- Once the CEMP requirements have been submitted and endorsed, the Asset Protection Team will issue the appropriate permits for the works to proceed.
- Depending on the outcome of the negotiations around traffic management and contractor occupation of council land, a licence agreement may also need to be held between the Property Team and the contractor.
After the above have all been satisfied and approved, Stage 2 works can commence. The developer has advised these works should take around 95days.
A team has been established within the Shire to oversee this development, we are providing additional resources than normal due to the impact these works will have on the community once they start construction.
SORRENTO HOTHAM RD FOOTPATH
The Hotham Road Portsea footpath is currently within the planning and concept stage, which will shortly move to the detailed design phase once alignment has been finalised.
The planning and concept stage is anticipated to be completed within next 6 weeks, the project is proposed to be delivered in two stages (lengths) as per Simran email below. Once this has been completed, the project will be handed over to Infrastructure Projects to under take the detailed design phase of the project, it is anticipated this should be completed by late March 2022 by the design the team.
Following the detailed design a CHMP will be required for this project as per the Act, this process normally takes around 6 months. Subject to funding within FY22/23 and approval by Council, will be in position to delivery Stage 1 of the project. In reviewing the project and location, it will also be more than likely a Planning Permit will be required for the works for removal of vegetation. The proposed path is to be 2m wide and to be constructed from concrete.
Have requested that 1. materials used are not exposed aggregate but rather recycled concrete type material or similar (based on cost, suitability to area & environment) 2. that the path is not a shared path rather pedestrian only, 3. that consideration is given to bike lanes on the road
SORRENTO & RYE DREDGING
SORRENTO FORESHORE FROM FERRY TO BATHS RESTAURANT – MASTERPLAN 1
Sorrento Foreshore “Masterplan 1” has been approved by council. We think it seems to be an expensive, unattractive & inappropriate mismatch of styles & materials & doesn’t address function or respect the history of this particular area. Listed on the home page are works required that we believe would future proof this area & make it more inclusive. As a community we have to band together to ensure a good outcome.